CELEBRATE DOGS! PRESENTED BY THE AMERICAN KENNEL CLUB AND EUKANUBA.
American Kennel Club (AKC)
Founded in 1884, the AKC is a nonprofit organization which maintains the largest registry of purebred dogs in the world and oversees the sport of purebred dogs in the United States.
Procter & Gamble Pet Care
P&G Pet Care (NYSE:PG), the maker of Iams, Eukanuba, and Natura products has enhanced the well-being of dogs and cats by providing world-class quality foods and pet care products for more than 60 years.
AKC/Eukanuba National Championship
In 2001, the AKC and Eukanuba presented the first AKC/Eukanuba National Championship (AENC) in Orlando. Currently the only dog show hosted by the American Kennel Club, the AENC features thousands of the world's top canine competitors from across the country and around the globe as they vie for Best in Show honors, the title of National Champion and a total of $225,000 in prize money.
Now, AKC and Eukanuba have come together again to provide the largest celebration of man’s best friend in the United States — Celebrate Dogs! The event, which will comprise 800,000 square feet of event space in the West Building of the Orange County Convention Center, features family fun activities and demonstrations, competitions, appearances by celebrity dogs, and a pet-themed vendor mall.
Celebrate Dogs! attendees can enjoy numerous exciting demonstrations and exhibitions, such as:
- AKC Meet the Breeds®, where more than 150 different dog breeds and breed experts will be on hand to meet the public, allows prospective dog owners to learn about different breeds and find the right breed for their lifestyle.
- DockDogs® demonstrating their amazing and extreme dock-diving talents.
- Eukanuba Extreme Soccer Dogs playing soccer with children in attendance.
- Eukanuba SuperDogs®, a delightful, family-fun show featuring talented canines displaying a variety of skills such as the world’s highest jumper and the quickest disc-catching dog in the land.
AKC-sponsored competitions to be held during Celebrate Dogs! include:
- Canine athletes racing against the clock over challenging obstacles in the AKC Agility Invitational.
- Dogs putting their best paws forward for the AKC National Obedience Invitational.
- Skilled youngsters and their dogs competing in their own age divisions in conformation, agility and obedience.
- Top dogs from more than 40 countries around the world competing in the Eukanuba World Challenge.