CELEBRATE DOGS! PRESENTED BY THE AMERICAN KENNEL CLUB AND EUKANUBA.
American Kennel Club (AKC)
Founded in 1884, the AKC is a nonprofit organization which maintains the largest registry of purebred dogs in the world and oversees the sport of purebred dogs in the United States.
AKC/Eukanuba National Championship
In 2001, the AKC and Eukanuba presented the first AKC/Eukanuba National Championship (AENC) in Orlando. Currently the only dog show hosted by the American Kennel Club, the AENC features thousands of the world's top canine competitors from across the country and around the globe as they vie for Best in Show honors, and the title of National Champion.
Now, AKC and Eukanuba have come together again to provide the largest celebration of man’s best friend in the United States — Celebrate Dogs! The event, which will comprise 800,000 square feet of event space in the North South Building of the Orange County Convention Center, features family fun activities and demonstrations, competitions, and a pet-themed vendor mall.
Celebrate Dogs! attendees can enjoy numerous exciting demonstrations and exhibitions, such as:
- AKC Meet the Breeds®, where more than 150 different dog breeds and breed experts will be on hand to meet the public, allows prospective dog owners to learn about different breeds and find the right breed for their lifestyle.
- Dock diving dogs demonstrating their extreme talents as they long jump into a tank of water at the NADD/AKC Diving Dog Championship
- Celebrate Dogs Demonstration Ring, where you can watch dogs race against the clock in flyball, AKC Rally demonstrations and more.
AKC-sponsored competitions to be held during Celebrate Dogs! include:
- Canine athletes racing against the clock over challenging obstacles in the AKC Agility Invitational.
- Dogs putting their best paws forward for the Inaugural AKC Obedience Classic.
- Skilled youngsters and their dogs competing in their own age divisions in conformation, agility and obedience.